For all enquiries or to be added to invitation lists contact:
- Tony Bennett (03) 5744 1667 or Mobile 0439 441 667.
2018 LOWRANCE DA$H 4 CA$H
The "Da$h 4 Ca$h" Feb 17-18, 2018, billed as Australia's most exciting Cod specific fishing event see's 100 teams / 200 anglers go not only head to head against each but against the clock. The D4$ is three different events over two days. Saturday’s fishing comprises of two, four hour sessions while Sunday morning is a quick fire three hour session. The aim of the game - catch your cod as quick as possible and return photographic proof ASAP for verification. Awarded points according to length and time or capture, failing to fish hard and fast can be against you! A limited field has the D4$ booked out annually with many more teams on the waiting list wishing to become involved.
Briefing – Rules & Regs.
- This event will target Murray Cod ONLY by the use of either lure or fly. NO bait fishing allowed.
- This event is TOTAL Catch & Release.
- Minimum size limit is 55cm.
- A briefing will take place 7.35am, 25mins before the 1st event.
- Entrants will be fishing as a team of 2 with the teams 2 best fish being combined for a final points score. The highest scoring team in each session will be declared the winner.
- Ca$h prizes will be awarded from 1st through to 10th position in each event. 1st place will also receive 1- Lowrance Fishfinder.
- ONE (1) rod per person ONLY. Other rods may be rigged ready for use according to NSW fishing regulations.
- ALL boats will start in front of nominated boat ramp and commence by the means of a “shotgun” start.
- Fishing will be in 2, 4hr sessions Saturday, 8am -12noon & 2pm - 6pm, Sunday, 3hr session, 8am -11am.
- All teams must collect their corresponding team boat number tag 10 minutes before the start of each fishing period. These tags must be returned no later than 20 minutes after each event. Teams that have not collected their tag before commencing fishing or returned them after the finish of each fishing session will be automatically disqualified for the remainder of the weekend. No monies will be refunded.
- Points will be awarded on a sliding point score system. A percentage (%) value will be added to each fish depending on when its photo is brought in for verification. If you have already returned two fish photos for verification, it's no good returning any subsequent fish photos with a lower point score.
- All Cod measuring in excess of 55cm must be photographed with the PHOTO ONLY being returned ASAP for verification to boat ramp. All cod must be released ASAP where captured. Your time of arrival back with your photo will be determined as your time of capture.
- Cod must be photographed with their nose to the "zero" end of the brag mat.
- All photographed Cod must include team number token in photo.
- Returned photos must be of a complete fish. "Dodgy" photos will incur a penalty of a 5cm deduction from approximate length.
- Brag mats must be presented upon return for official measurement.
- Cod will be measured to the nearest "mm" upon inspection of photos.
- In the event of 2 or more teams having the same point score at the completion of each event, a count back will apply. The team with the earliest photo verified will be declared the winner.
- Presentations will take place 30mins after the finish of each event..
- A free BBQ will be available after completion of fishing on Sunday afternoon.
Saturday Morning 1st $1500 2nd $500 3rd $200 4th – 7th $100 8th – 10th $50
Saturday Afternoon 1st $2000 2nd $750 3rd $400 4th – 7th $100 8th – 10th $50
Sunday Morning 1st $2500 2nd $1000 3rd $500 4th – 7th $100 8th – 10th $50
If you have any queries call Tony on 0439 441667.
LOWRANCE. WE FIND. YOU FISH.
2018 His & Hers Partners Classic
The "His & Hers Partners Classic" is designed for a male and female partner to team together whilst enjoying a day of tournament fishing. With a major emphasis on the females catching fish and having fun, this is a great event for those that enjoy their time together. Many use this as their yearly fishing trip together! Presentations night sees a guarantee of an enjoyable evening with plenty of fun and games organised to keep all involved with many great prizes on offer.
Rules & Regulations
- This event will target Murray Cod & Golden Perch by the use of any legal method.
- This event is TOTAL Catch & Release
- Fishing may only take place between 7am -5pm.
- Competitors can fish in either Lake Mulwala or the Murray River by the use of bait, artificial lure or fly.
- A digital photo of all captured fish is compulsory and must be shown to tournament officials upon return of catch card.
- All captured Murray Cod & Golden Perch must be measured to the nearest mm if possible.
- ONE (1) rod per person ONLY at any one time. Other rods are allowed to be rigged as long as you follow NSW Fishing Regulations
- Competitors may only have fish measured that have been angled by them selves. Transferring of fish to other competitors will result in disqualification.
- All registered fish must be photographed with team number tag issued upon registration.
- Catch cards with registered fish must be returned to the MFC clubrooms between 6.30 – 7.30pm Sat night. Late returned cards will not be accepted. Catch cards without registered fish need not be returned.
- Presentations will commence at 8.15pm.
- Points will be awarded to all registered fish that go towards champion team, the highest honor for the weekend. To be eligible for a “Champion Team” pay out, either first, second or third, your bag must include at least 1 legal size Murray Cod.
- Cod ranging from 550mm – 599mm will be awarded 5pts per cm, Cod ranging from 600mm – 699mm will be awarded 6pts per cm, Cod ranging from 700mm – 799 will be awarded 7pts per cm and so on. All Cod measuring between 450mm - 550mm will be awarded 1pt per cm. Smaller cod will be awarded .2pt per cm. All Golden Perch will be awarded 1.5 points per cm.
- In the event of 2 or more teams / individual angler having the same point score at the completion of the event, a count back will apply. The team / competitor with the earliest fish measured will be declared the winner.
- The tournament director’s decision is final.
- Wine, Champagne & finger food will be available upon arrival at the MFC rooms. Bar open from 7pm. Meals will be available at the MFNC rooms from 7pm onwards for $10.
- This event is worked upon a total honesty system. If you feel you need to cheat to win, you are at the wrong event.
Fishing Sections % Breakdown of total Prize Money
Champion Team 1st 30%
Champion Team 2nd 15%
Champion Team 3rd 10%
Male & Female Longest Cod 1st 10%
Male & Female Longest Cod 2nd 5%
Male & Female Longest Cod 3rd 2.5%
Longest Golden Perch Overall 5%
Prize money depends upon total number of teams participating.
Enquiries to Tony Bennett, Mob 0439 441667
2018 Cod Nationals
$30000+ CASH PRIZES*
“New format for Murray Cod fishing's most exciting competition”
The Cod Nationals is now the “must do” event for any keen Cod fisho. A four day event (Thursday - Sunday), the “Cod Nationals” is designed for the country’s keenest anglers to pit their skills against each other whilst chasing the legendary Murray Cod. An exciting fishing format along with massive ca$h prizes will not leave competitors disappointed. Don’t miss your chance to be part of the “Cod National’s”. Have a scratch around under the couch, behind the back seat of your car or through the ash tray and come up with a couple of quid to secure your spot in this exciting event! This is a total Catch & Release for Murray Cod only.
Cost - $850 per person / $1700 per team
Includes *Eligible for all prize money *All meals from Wednesday night through to Sunday lunch (3 dinners, 4 breakfasts & 3 pre packed lunches) *Bag of Ice per team / per day *Tournament shirt.
- Entries close Friday 9th February
- The event will not take place if a field of 25 teams is not fully paid / registered by 16th Feb 2018.
- If the event is cancelled, all entries will be fully refunded. 40 teams will be the maximum number accepted.
Varying Days Fishing Format
Day 1 – Balista Lures / Edge Lures “Any Lure Style” Fishing Day
Day 2 – Bassman Spinnerbaits “Spinnerbait Only” Fishing Day
Day 3 –Old Mate / Kuttafurra Lures “Hard Body & Lipless Only” Fishing Day
Day 4 – Mud Guts SB's / Gidgee Lures “Da$h 4 Ca$h – All Lure Styles” Fishing Day
Overall Champion Team Payout*
1st - $10000, 2nd - $5000, 3rd - $2500, 4th - $1000, 5th - $500
For daily payouts and much more information, see the oficial entry form.
Prizes listed are for a full field of 40 teams.
Scoring – Fish Weigh In
This event will be run under the TFISH point scoring system. Cod ranging from 55cm – 59cm will be awarded 5pts per cm Cod ranging from 60cm – 69cm will be awarded 6pts per cm, Cod ranging from 70cm – 79cm will be awarded 7pts per cm, Cod ranging from 80cm – 89cm will be awarded 8pts per cm and so on. All Cod measuring fewer than 55cm will be awarded 1pt per cm. All “Fish Points” will be added together on a daily basis to get a daily winning team. “Team Points” will be awarded daily depending on teams finish position. After day 4, the team with the highest overall “Team Point Score” tally will be declared the winner. Cash payouts will be awarded on a daily basis with the first ten teams all receiving a payout. In addition, there will also be a “Big Fish” bonus that will attract extra bonus team points along with a prize payout. At the completion of each day, a teams “Team Point Score” will carry over but not their “Fish Point Score”. An individual “Champion Angler” trophy will be awarded at the end of the event. ALL cod caught regardless of size will be required to be photographed and texted into competition verification marshal as soon as caught for verification.
Rules & Regulations
- This event will target Murray Cod ONLY.
- This event is TOTAL Catch & Release.
- Minimum size limit is 55cm.
- All competing teams must have a mobile phone with camera.
- Fishing must take place in teams of two. No other persons may be permitted in boat at any time unless tournament director is notified.
- Team members can be substituted if unavailable to fish every day. Tournament director must be notified prior to swap.
- The use of hard body, crank baits and spinnerbaits will only be permitted. NO bait fishing.
- Fishing can take place anywhere in Lake Mulwala and upstream from the Bundalong junction in the Ovens / Murray Rivers
- Boats can be launched at any ramp on Lake Mulwala or the Bundalong ramp
- ONE (1) rod per person ONLY to be in use at any one time. Other rods may be rigged ready for use according to NSW fishing regulations.
- Entrants must comply with NSW fishing regulations.
- Entrants must comply with NSW & VIC Waterways boating regulations and other relevant legislation.
- It is the responsibility of competitors to be fully aware of regulations covering appropriate boat licenses and safety equipment for NSW & VIC waters.
- The committee reserves the right to inspect any equipment used by competitors.
- Any boat found containing illegal equipment will results in immediate disqualification.
- Teams may only have fish measured that have been angled by them selves. Transferring of fish from outside assistance will result in disqualification.
- All teams must collect their corresponding team boat number tag prior to the start of each days fishing. Tags must be returned no later than 45minutes after the completion of the days fishing.
- In the event of 2 or more teams having the same “Fish Point Score” at the completion of each day, a count back will apply. The team with the earliest fish measured on that day will be declared the winner.
- In the event of 2 or more teams having the same “Team Point Score” at the completion of event, a count back will apply. The team with the longest overall measured fish from the five days will be declared the winner. If by chance both fish are of same length, the earliest recorded during the five days will be declared the winner.
- Any protests must be submitted in writing to the tournament director no later than one hour from the end of days fishing.
- A mobile phone & digital camera is compulsory.
- Any team or competitor found to be in breach of any of the above rules or regulations will be disqualified from the competition.
Details subject to minor change - More detailed information will be issued upon registration.
To receive an official entry form call Tony M 0439 441667 or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org